Impress all the banana-lovers in your life with this unforgettable bundt cake.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (well-softened)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1,275 grams bananas (mashed, about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Spray a bundt cake pan liberally with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place the butter, canola oil, mashed bananas, sugars, vanilla, sour cream, buttermilk, and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Sift the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into the bowl. Whisk until the ingredients come together into a smooth, medium-thick batter.
- Pour the batter into the bundt pan.
- Transfer the pan to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the bundt cake for 55-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes.
- To release the cake, run a butter knife between the edge of the cake and the pan. Turn the cake onto a large serving plate.
- Allow the cake to cool for 1-2 hours before slicing and serving.