Super-moist, one bowl banana bread that's easy to make comes out perfectly every time.
- 2 bananas (large very ripe, 250g, well mashed)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (100g per 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar (50g per 1/4 cup, packed)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place the mashed bananas, canola oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Whisk vigorously until smooth and combined.
- Add the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt to the bowl. Continue whisking until the mixture is just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake the bread for 55-65 minutes, on the middle rack, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Pro tip: Using an older oven? Rotate the pan halfway through cooking time to ensure a more even heat distribution.
- Check to see that bread is done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow the bread to rest in the pan for 10 minutes and then release the bread from the pan onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool for at least 1 hour before slicing and serving. Leftover bread may be stored in a large zip-top bag at room temperature for 1 day, in the refrigerator for 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.