These adorable Bambi Shortbread Cookies are buttery and rich cookies that are cut into adorable fawns. Bring them to the next holiday party, celebration or work event for a sweet and cute confection. These cookies are frosted with a creamy icing that will melt in your mouth. Be sure to stop by the store and pick up these ingredients so you and your kids can spend a fun afternoon in the kitchen making these sweet treats.
- 50 grams butter (soft, diced)
- 40 grams icing sugar
- 20 grams egg
- 100 grams flour
- 1 egg white
- icing sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter, sugar, and salt.
- Add egg and flour. Mix until a ball forms.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 356F.
- Roll out the dough, then cut out cookies with a cookie cutter.
- Arrange cookies on a silicon mat or parchment paper lined baking tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- For the icing, beat just a little egg white with confectioners' sugar (it takes very little egg white for shortbread, consistency should be thick)
- Pour frosting drops on little fawns.