Balck-Eyed Pea and Ground Beef ChiliLolibox
Chili is a creative comfort food. It is a way to warm up after a long day outside in the cold, or if you want to just relax by the fire on a rainy cold day. Chili also freezes well, so this dish can be made ahead of time, and pulled out of the freezer whenever you need something comforting. This recipe for Black Eyed Peas and Ground Beef Chili is rich and hearty. It is not only flavorful with all the delicious ingredients, it also is spiced to perfection.
- 100 grams black-eyed peas
- 1 red pepper
- 2 onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 400 grams ground beef
- 1 can peeled tomatoes (in juice)
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 3 teaspoons spice mix (Texas)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1Rinse peas in cold water and cook in water for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- 2Wash the pepper, and cut in small cubes.
- 3Peel and slice the onion.
- 4Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven, add the onions and fry until golden.
- 5Add the sliced pepper and saute for 2 minutes.
- 6Add the ground beef and fry for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 7In the same Dutch oven, heat the olive oil.
- 8Add the can of tomatoes with the juice.
- 9Add the chopped parsley and simmer on very low heat while cooking the beans.
- 10Once the beans are cooked, add them to the casserole along with the meat mixture.
- 11Add Texas spice blend.
- 12Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- 13Simmer for 15 minutes.