BaklavaYerbabuena en la Cocina
This Mediterranean desert is light and flaky, with a nutty flavor and just a hint of sweetness. Three types of nuts, buried in layers of dough, cinnamon, and sugar will delight all nut lovers. Try adding a drizzle of amber colored honey, or dusting with powdered sugar for unique variations.
- 1 package phyllo dough
- 100 grams pistachios
- 75 grams walnuts
- 75 grams almonds
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange flower water
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 50 grams butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange flower water
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- butter (Additional, melted)
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius.
- 2Finely chop the pistachios, walnuts, and almonds and place into a bowl. Add the brown sugar, orange blossom water, cinnamon, and butter. Mix well and set aside.
- 3Brush each sheet of filo dough with the additional butter and begin to layer into a pan. Repeat until half of the package of filo dough has been used. Layer with the nut mixture. Continue to layer the buttered filo dough until the entire package has been used.
- 4Bake until golden, approximately 20 minutes.
- 5Combine the water, honey, brown sugar, and orange blossom water in a saucepan. Add the cinnamon stick and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 6POur the syrup over the baked baklava, reserving a small amount.
- 7Place a few chopped pistachios on the top to decorate and drizzle with the remaining syrup.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1090Calories from Fat500|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat500|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.