Baking Powder BiscuitsKitchenAid
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup low-fat milk
- melted butter (or margarine, if desired)
- 1Place flour, baking powder, salt, and shortening in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer. Turn to Stir Speed and mix about 1 minute. Stop and scrape bowl.
- 2Continuing on Stir Speed, add milk and mix until dough starts to cling to beater. Do not overbeat. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead about 20 seconds, or until smooth. Pat or roll to 1⁄2-inch thickness. Cut with floured 2-inch biscuit cutter.
- 3Place on greased baking sheets and brush with melted butter, if desired. Bake at 450°F for 12 to 15 minutes. Serve immediately