Chocolate lovers, this cake is for you. Rich in chocolate flavor with a melt in your mouth texture, this chocolate cake is a luxurious treat. After baking this rich and moist chocolate cake is covered in a smooth chocolate ganache, with a layer of g…
nache running through the middle. Will it be death by chocolate or will you live to tell the tale? Top with edible flowers for an appealing finish.
- 170 grams cake flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 115 grams sugar
- 170 grams golden syrup (you can substitute corn syrup)
- 140 milliliters milk
- 2 large eggs
- 140 milliliters sunflower oil
- 500 grams chocolate (chunked)
- 500 milliliters heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup (you can substitute corn syrup)
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Lightly grease an 18- to 20-centimeter diameter high-sided cake pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cake flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and sugar.
- Mix in the Golden Syrup and milk.
- Separately, whisk together the eggs and the oil.
- Stream this into the first mixture constantly, beating until well combined.
- Fill the cake pan to no more than 2/3 its height and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- While the cake bakes, make the ganache frosting.
- Pour the chocolate chunks, cream, and Golden Syrup into a double boiler.
- Boil the water underneath making sure the water never touches the top pot.
- Stir until the ganache is smooth and shiny.
- Set aside to cool.
- Once done, let the cake cool inside the cake pan, then invert.
- Slice horizontally.
- Spread ganache on the top of the bottom half of the cake.
- Place the other half of the cake on top and frost the whole cake with the rest of the ganache.
|Calories1730Calories from Fat920|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat920|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.