- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lbs.)
- 1 eggs
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 ounces prosciutto (thinly sliced, or deli boiled ham)
- 1 jar bertolli vineyard premium collect marinara with burgundi wine sauc
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cook and drain
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Dip chicken in egg, then bread crumbs, coating well. Arrange chicken in 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes. Top chicken with prosciutto, then 1-1/2 cups Pasta Sauce. Top with mozzarella cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Serve over hot spaghetti tossed with remaining heated Sauce. Sprinkle, if desired, with Parmesan cheese shavings.
Liz Zabeth 2 Aug 2015
Simplicity is tasty perfection. Because I'm on a vice-like budget, I was forced to substitute the prosciutto for bacon. I chopped it finely and spread it across the breasts and then topped them with thick mozzarella slices. The burgundy wine red sauce is where it's at! I also find that it takes a little extra something to get the desired crisp from the breading, so I shredded some pecorino cheese into the breadcrumb mix. It gives off a delectable aroma while baking.