- 16 ounces ziti pasta cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 onion (large, diced)
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 29 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 29 ounces Red Gold® diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 15 ounces low-fat ricotta cheese (carton)
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- black pepper
- parsley (Fresh minced, for garnish)
PER SERVING *
|Calories580Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Chris B. 1 Oct
Made this a few weeks ago and me and my girlfriend loved it! Making it again tonight but adding jalapeños and about 50% more of the seasoning than called for to give it a little more flavor. Tastes amazing! So much you can do with this, next time I’m going to add roasted red peppers, olives and capers into the sauce to give it a little more of a twist. Definitely recommend this!!!
Rachel Farneth 17 Jun
Made this for a dinner party and the one guest complimented on it no less than seven times (and jokingly proposed because of it!) Subbed cream cheese.
Akiko Neufer 1 Apr
Very tasty. It took a long time to cook with prep and cooling sauce and all, but it is very good.
Becky 31 May 2017
Great! Husband loves this recipe
Frances Joy S. 19 Jan 2017
I modified this a bit by adding sundried tomatoes and olives and cutting back on the amount of cheese and meat. It was delicious and easy to make.