These turkey nuggets are healthier than any store-bought version or what you will find at a fast food restaurant. The turkey is coated in crushed crackers, which gives them a nice crispness. A little bit of dried garlic adds a ton of flavor to the dish. These make a great meal for the little ones, though you'll be hard pressed not to enjoy them yourself as well. They are delicious dipped in ketchup, barbecue sauce, or some honey mustard.
- 2 turkey steaks
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 50 grams water (and salt)
- Begin by cutting the steaks into smaller pieces, about 2 fingers wide. Put them in a bowl and cover them with milk. Season with pepper, crushed garlic and salt (little salt because the crackers are already salted). Mix well and let marinate.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Crush the crackers in the food processor until they are crumbs.
- Remove the turkey pieces from the marinade and roll them in the grated crackers. Put them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until the nuggets are cooked and the crust is golden.
- Serve with salad, rice or stewed beans.