Baked TunaO Meu Tempero
Here's a quick and colorful dish that's just right for serving family style, preferably with crusty bread to sop up the juices. To make it, you simply cut tuna into cubes and sprinkle with breadcrumbs and eventually add the cooked potatoes, roasted bell pepper, and sliced pitted olives, then sprinkle with chopped cilantro, drizzle with olive oil, and bake just until the fish is cooked through, being careful not to overcook.
- 3 tuna fillets
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- olive oil (to taste)
- bread crumbs
- 8 small potatoes
- 1 red pepper
- black olives (pitted)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- 1Season tuna fillets with salt and pepper.
- 2Cut into cubes and arrange in a baking dish greased with olive oil.
- 3Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and set aside.
- 4Cut unpeeled potatoes in quarters.
- 5Cook potatoes in boiling, salted water until knife-tender.
- 6Drain potatoes and set aside.
- 7Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- 8Grill red pepper.
- 9Peel pepper, remove seeds and ribs and cut into thin slices.
- 10Slice pitted olives into rings.
- 11Arrange potatoes, pepper and olives in the baking dish with fish and sprinkle with the chopped cilantro.
- 12Drizzle with little olive oil and season with salt.
- 13Bake in preheated oven for no more than 10 minutes.
- 14Do not overcook tuna, as it will quickly lose moisture.