Here's a quick and colorful dish that's just right for serving family style, preferably with crusty bread to sop up the juices. To make it, you simply cut tuna into cubes and sprinkle with breadcrumbs and eventually add the cooked potatoes, roasted bell pepper, and sliced pitted olives, then sprinkle with chopped cilantro, drizzle with olive oil, and bake just until the fish is cooked through, being careful not to overcook.
- 3 tuna fillets
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- olive oil (to taste)
- bread crumbs
- 8 small potatoes
- 1 red pepper
- black olives (pitted)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- Season tuna fillets with salt and pepper.
- Cut into cubes and arrange in a baking dish greased with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and set aside.
- Cut unpeeled potatoes in quarters.
- Cook potatoes in boiling, salted water until knife-tender.
- Drain potatoes and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- Grill red pepper.
- Peel pepper, remove seeds and ribs and cut into thin slices.
- Slice pitted olives into rings.
- Arrange potatoes, pepper and olives in the baking dish with fish and sprinkle with the chopped cilantro.
- Drizzle with little olive oil and season with salt.
- Bake in preheated oven for no more than 10 minutes.
- Do not overcook tuna, as it will quickly lose moisture.