Baked Sweet Potato CakesReceitas Da Felicidade!
Sweet potatoes are versatile root vegetables that are not only packed with lots of nutrients, but also make sweet, savory and delectable dishes. These Baked Sweet Potato cakes are creamy and sweet. By adding such ingredients as almonds (chopped or grated), along with cinnamon and sugar, these éclair shaped cakes are perfect paired with any main dish for a hearty dinner, or by themselves as a snack after a hard day.
- 700 grams sweet potatoes (puree)
- 2 deciliters water
- 500 grams sugar
- 200 grams almonds (chopped or grated)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 125 grams corn flour
- 70 grams wheat flour
- 5 egg yolks
- 1Cook the sweet potatoes in boiling water, then mash to a puree, and set aside.
- 2Boil the water and the sugar to a syrup in the firm ball stage, approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
- 3After this time, add the sweet potato puree, and mix well.
- 4Add the almonds and the cinnamon powder, and stir a bit more.
- 5Mix the flours together, and add to the above mixture, stir well until obtaining a uniform dough.
- 6Before removing from the heat, add the egg yolks, and stir again. Let cool completely.
- 7Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 8Use 2 spoons to make small ellipses shaped cookies.
- 9Place on a baking tray, and brush with egg yolks.
- 10Bake for about 25 minutes.