This italian dessert is unlike any other chocolate delight. It is unbelievably decilious and filled with sweet flavorful goodness! One of our favorite specialties here at Yummly. If you have never tried a Zeppole before, you will be pleasantly surprised by the amazing taste and flavor. The best part about a Zepolle is that it is loaded with Nutella. The Nutella is what makes it an Italian specialty. Perfect dessert treat for everyone who tries it.
- 250 milliliters water
- 100 grams butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 150 grams flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- creme anglaise
- powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- In a saucepan, place the water with the butter, a pinch of salt, and the sugar. Melt the butter completely over the heat. Add, all at once, 150 grams flour sifted with the baking powder and stir with a wooden spoon until the dough comes together into a smooth and uniform ball of a firm consistency.
- Cool the dough completely and then add the eggs, one at a time, incorporating each one completely before adding the next.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Fill a pastry bag with a large star tip with the dough and pipe out two concentric circles, one on top of the other (slightly smaller than the diameter of a glass), making sure there is a hole in the middle.
- Bake until the zeppole swell and are golden brown, approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the zeppole from the oven and let cool on a wire rack, in the meantime prepare the creme Anglaise.
- When the zeppole have cooled completely, cut them in half and fill with the cream, Alternate with Nutella for a marble effect, and then replace the top. Decorate with a sour cherry or a small dollop of Nutella and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
PER SERVING *
|Calories460Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.