Baked Squash and Almond SquaresHoje para Jantar
These squash and almond squares are perfect for gifting around the holidays or just enjoying after a warm and cozy dinner. They only require 6 ingredients and come together in under one hour, so you can be enjoying these in no time! The slightly sweet squash is perfectly paired with nutty almonds for a dessert that has a bold but delicate flavor. Try them dusted with a little bit of powdered sugar or a spoonful of whipped cream.
- 500 grams sugar
- 250 milliliters water
- 125 grams jam (squash, chila jam)
- 125 grams almonds (peeled, grated)
- 20 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1Preheat oven to 250 degrees Celsius.
- 2Bring the sugar to boil with the water, and simmer until reaching 103 C.
- 3Add the sweet squash, and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- 4Add the almonds, and mix well.
- 5Remove from heat, and let cool.
- 6When cool, add the egg yolks. Heat again to thicken a bit, without letting it boil.
- 7Mix in 2 tablespoons of flour.
- 8Grease a baking tray with butter, line with parchment paper, grease again, and flour well. Spread a spoon of flour on the bottom of the tray, pour in the jam, and sprinkle with another spoon of flour.
- 9Bake in a hot oven, 200-250 C.
- 10It's cooked when a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean and dry.
- 11Shake off the excess flour, cut into squares, place each on a paper wrapper, and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Garnish with a pearl.