- 6 ounces wild rice (mixed long-grain and)
- 4 sole fillets (about 1 lb in total)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 inch fresh ginger (peeled, finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots (peeled, cut into strips)
- 1 green onion (cut into strips)
- 3 1/2 ounces bamboo shoots (cut into strips)
- 3 1/2 ounces shiitake mushrooms (cut into strips)
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
- lemon slices (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cook rice in boiling salted water for 20 mins. Sprinkle fish with lemon juice and season. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a frying pan. Sauté ginger for 1 min. Add carrots, green onion, bamboo shoots and mushrooms. Sauté for 7 mins. Season. Add 2/3 cup water and bring to a boil. Transfer to a large Dutch oven and stir in crème fraîche. Top with fish, cover and roast for 12 mins.
- Drain rice. Serve with fish, vegetables and sauce. Garnish with lemon slices.