Smoky and savory, you simply have to try this recipe for Baked Scallops. Combining the flavors of the sea with the salty crunch of bacon, these Baked Scallops feature roasted tomatoes, crunchy baked bacon, and seasoned breadcrumbs. Flaky and full of delicious flavor, these scallops are sure to satisfy. This recipe calls for frozen scallops, but if you are fortunate to have fresh scallops on hand feel free to use them. Be sure to use a ripe tomato for maximum flavor.
- 6 scallops (frozen)
- 6 slices smoked bacon
- 1 tomato (ripe)
- 100 grams bread (from the previous day)
- 1 clove garlic
- parsley (to taste)
- oregano (to taste)
- pepper ("Flor de sal", to taste)
- olive oil (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- In a tray put the sliced tomatoes drizzled with a little olive oil, salt and oregano.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then place the bacon in it and let it bake for more 5 to 8 minutes or until the bacon is crispy.
- In a chopper, place the bread, I used a multi-grain one, that I baked a few days before, but it was great and didn't look like it, also put the parsley and 1 garlic clove, chop it all finely and in a skillet, sauté to taste, I love it well toasted and with a little olive oil on top, but it goes on your taste.
- Meanwhile, season the defrosted and dried out scallops with a pinch of salt, pepper and grill them if you notice they are too dry and sticky, brush them with a bit of butter.
- Serve with puree as a base then put the roasted tomatoes, scallops, sprinkle with bread and bacon in coarse pieces.
PER SERVING *
|Calories430Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.