Scallops baked in their shells makes an elegant hors d'ouevre or first course for a dinner party. By all means buy fresh scallops if you can find them; otherwise, frozen scallops (still in the shell) are a worthy alternative and can be thawed quickly before removing the meat from the shell. Here, the shells are first topped with tomato slices and then the scallops, which are sprinkled with fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese. Utterly delicious.
- 2 scallops (frozen)
- 1 tomatoes (ripe)
- parsley (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- oregano (to taste)
- parmesan cheese (to taste)
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1Defrost the scallops and remove from the shell.
- 2Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 3Place the shells in a baking dish.
- 4Place slices of tomato in the shell, season with salt, oregano, and pepper.
- 5Put the scallops on top, sprinkle with chopped parsley, more seasoning to taste, and drizzle with olive oil.
- 6Top off with grated Parmesan cheese.
- 7Bake for 15 minutes.