- 5 tablespoons oil (divided)
- 1/2 pound arborio rice
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2/3 pound fennel (green part cut off and reserved, white part sliced)
- 1/2 pound button mushrooms (sliced)
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (about 1/4 lb each)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 green onions (cut into diagonal slices)
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan (divided)
- grated nutmeg (Freshly, to taste)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a saucepan and sauté the rice for 2 mins. Add 3/4 cup stock and cook, uncovered, until absorbed. Gradually add the remaining stock, allowing the liquid to absorb before adding more, this entire process should take 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Cook the fennel slices in boiling salted water for 5 mins. Drain and allow to cool.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a frying pan and sauté the mushrooms until browned. Remove from the pan and season with salt. Add the salmon to the pan and sauté, turning, until cooked through but still pink on the inside. Season with salt and drain on kitchen paper.
- Stir the cream and 2/3 of the mushrooms, fennel and green onions into the rice. Fold in 2 tbsp cheese and season with salt, black pepper and nutmeg.
- Spoon into an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle over the remaining mushrooms, fennel and green onions and top with the fish. Melt the butter in a saucepan and drizzle over the risotto. Bake for 20-25 mins. Sprinkle with the fennel greens and remaining cheese.
|Calories840Calories from Fat470|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat470|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.