- 2 1/4 pounds low fat ricotta cheese
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon (zested and juiced)
- 1 bunch rhubarb (trimmed, cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 bunch rhubarb (trimmed, cut into 3cm lengths)
- 125 milliliters water
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly grease an 8 inch springform cake pan.
- Beat together ricotta, 1/2 cup sugar, eggs, lemon zest and 1 tbsp lemon juice until smooth. Transfer to prepared pan and bake for 40 mins, until golden. Let cool then chill for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine rhubarb, remaining sugar and 1/2 cup water in a saucepan over low heat. Simmer gently for 10 mins, or until tender but rhubarb still holds its shape. Let cool.
- Cut baked ricotta into wedges and serve with poached rhubarb.