Cheese makes everything taste better. This recipe for Baked Reblochon with Salt Crust is the perfect palate pleasing appetizer. Be sure to serve this up the next time you have a barbecue, family dinner, or special occasion. Make sure you have this ready for the party so everyone can dip this decadent cheese into some hearty warm bread. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this appetizer as much as we do.
- 1 wheels (Reblochon cheese)
- 5 egg whites
- 250 grams coarse salt
- 500 grams flour
- water (20 cl.)
- 1 egg yolks
- In a medium bowl, combine the egg whites, flour, water, and coarse salt. Form a ball of dough and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured work surface until it is 5 cm thick. Moisten it and sprinkle the center with pepper. Place the cheese in the middle and close the dough over it. Gently transfer the dough-wrapped cheese onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Brush the dough with a beaten egg yolk diluted with water. Bake for 30 minutes. Wait for 5 minutes before serving and cut the surface carefully. Eat while the cheese is still hot, serve with bread.