No water bath necessary for this baked pudding. Flavored with lemon and sweet rum, this baked pudding is gluten free and utterly tasty.
- 6 eggs
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cans whole milk (or part-skim)
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons cachaça (or other sweet flavored rum, optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Put the eggs in a large bowl and beat well with a whisk.
- Add the condensed milk and beat again.
- Add the part-skim or whole milk, lemon zest, and sweet rum and beat the mix well.
- Pour the mix into an ungreased cake pan or baking tray and cook it for about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl place the eggs and beat well with a wire rod.
- Add the condensed milk and then wrap well in the eggs.
- Add all remaining ingredients and beat well.
- Place in a baking tray (no nerd to grease it) and cook it for about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- When it starts to brown, it's ready.
Amy H. 13 Jun 2015
Can't say I've ever done “baked” pudding before and I have to admit, I was a little skeptical of it. I decided to step outside of the box and give it a try. I am very glad I did. It tasted amazing!