This Christmas baked potato should be next to every place setting. Crisp up the skin by rubbing on a small amount of olive oil. Bake the potato without any seasoning for 1 hour. Empty the fluffy potato center and mix with milk, butter, grated cheese, and best of all nutmeg! The nutmeg adds impeccable flavor to the smooth creamy, sweet, potato. After you have a smooth potato filling, layer it back into the halved potato shells and re-bake for another 20 minutes. Grate additional cheese over top before serving and season to taste. You and your family will have a new craving for Christmas potatoes.
- baking potatoes
- olive oil
- butter (slices)
- grating cheese
- salt (to taste)
- nutmeg (to taste)
- 1Preheat oven to 400F.
- 2Wash and dry the unpeeled potatoes.
- 3Rub each potato with a little olive oil on a paper towel, and use a fork to poke holes in each one.
- 4Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until the potatoes are slightly soft to the touch and the skin gets slightly crispy.
- 5Let cool a little.
- 6Cut each potato in half lengthwise.
- 7Spoon out the inside of the potatoes and mash.
- 8Heat the milk. Add it to the mashed potatoes, add a few slices of butter and grated cheese and mix well to a very creamy puree.
- 9Taste and add more milk or butter if necessary.
- 10Add salt and nutmeg.
- 11Fill the potato halves with the stuffing.
- 12Sprinkle a thin layer of cheese on each half and bake to a gratin.