Baked Potato with Whitefish and Caramelized OnionsReceitas Da Felicidade!
In this gratin, the potatoes are first cooked in cream that has been flavored with various spices. This process helps to impart a ton of flavor into the potatoes, making for a great base for the recipe. Once cooked, the potatoes are layered with caramelized onions, delicate white fish, and grated cheese for a savory and filling meal. Serve it alongside a green salad or some steamed vegetables for a complete meal.
- 400 grams whitefish fillets (cut in 3 pieces)
- 2 packages cream (light)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions (large, cut in thin slices)
- 4 potatoes (peeled, sliced thinly)
- 1 cup cheese (grated)
- 2 fresh thyme (twigs)
- 1Heat the cream, garlic, peppercorns, thyme, and a pinch of salt in a pan on the stove.
- 2Just as it starts boiling, add the potatoes.
- 3Lower the temperature, and keep on low heat for a few minutes.
- 4Remove the potatoes from the cream, set aside.
- 5Preheat oven to 250 degrees Celsius.
- 6In a frying pan with olive oil, place the onions, stirring constantly, until caramelized, for about 30 minutes. Near the end, add the fish pieces.
- 7In an ovenproof platter greased with butter, place a layer of potatoes.
- 8Top with caramelized onions and fish slivers, sprinkle with cheese, then top with the remaining potatoes.
- 9Strain the cream mixture, and drizzle over the potatoes.
- 10Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and a few more thyme leaves. Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
PER SERVING *
|Calories480Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.