- 4 yellow peppers (large, halved lengthwise, seeds and pith removed)
- 2 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (plus extra for drizzling)
- 7 ounces bulgur wheat
- 3 1/2 ounces feta cheese (creamy, cubed)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 12 kalamata olives (drained, pitted, chopped)
- 4 1/2 ounces cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place peppers in a shallow baking dish lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with sliced garlic. Season and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Bake for 25 mins, or until browned underneath, slightly charred on edges and softened.
- Meanwhile, cover bulgur wheat with 1 cup boiling water. Cover and set aside for 10-15 mins. Drain and fluff with a fork to separate grains. Let cool then combine with 4 tbsp olive oil and lemon juice. Season. Add feta, olives, tomatoes and mint. Toss to combine then distribute between warm pepper halves and serve.