- 400 grams penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 200 grams button mushrooms (halved)
- 1 onion (peeled and finely diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and finely diced)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 2 cans tomatoes (400g each)
- 1 pinch sugar
- 150 grams pitted black olives
- 240 grams artichoke hearts (quartered)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 250 milliliters semi-skimmed milk
- 250 milliliters vegetable stock
- 200 grams taleggio cheese (rind removed, cut into cubes)
- 125 grams mozzarella (cut into cubes)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- For the tomato sauce, heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the mushrooms for 2 mins. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2 mins. Add the thyme, oregano and tomato paste and cook for 1 min. Add the tomatoes, breaking them up with a wooden spoon. Season, add a pinch of sugar and simmer for 15 mins. Add the olives and artichokes and simmer for 5 mins.
- For the béchamel sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan, add the flour and cook, stirring, for 2 mins. Gradually pour in the milk and stock, stirring constantly. Simmer for 5 mins.
- Layer the pasta, tomato sauce, béchamel sauce and 1/2 the cheese in an ovenproof serving dish. Top with the remaining cheese. Bake for 30 mins, until golden brown.
PER SERVING *
|Calories860Calories from Fat290|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat290|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.