- 2 onions (medium, peeled and diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (pushed through a garlic press)
- 850 milliliters peeled tomatoes (tinned, chopped)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 500 grams chicken breast fillets
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 350 grams pasta (tortiglioni)
- 250 grams mozzarella cheese (sliced)
- 500 grams cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves (chopped + leaves for garnish)
- 1/2 handful fresh oregano (chopped, or 1 tsp dried)
- Heat half the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the onions until they are translucent. Add the garlic and fry for a few minutes further, then add the peeled tomatoes and tomato paste. Season, then cover and allow to simmer for 15-20 mins. Add the cherry tomatoes and the chopped herbs towards the end of the cooking time. Meanwhile, in a frying pan, heat the rest of the oil and fry the chicken breasts, turning, for 10-12 mins until they are cooked through. Season, remove from the pan and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water according to the package instructions. Drain the pasta, then mix with half the tomato sauce and pour into a greased baking dish. Slice the chicken and arrange on top of the pasta, then top with the rest of the tomato sauce. Top with the mozzarella slices and bake for about 30 mins. Serve in the dish, garnished with a few basil leaves.
|Calories1000Calories from Fat420|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat420|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.