Chicken drumsticks are great fun to eat (yes, with your hands) and a good option for kids and adults alike. Here they are sauteed on the stove until golden brown all over before being baked in the oven, where they continue to cook through and the outside turns wonderfully crispy. Once the drumsticks are ready, you can make a sauce in the same pan, using balsamic vinegar and orange wedges.
- 2 chicken legs
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 orange (unpeeled, cut into wedges)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- Preheat the oven to 230 degrees Celsius.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the chicken legs. Season with salt and pepper and let cook for about 7 minutes, until golden. To avoid splashing, cover the frying pan.
- Place the frying pan in the oven, without the cover, and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Turn the chicken legs after 7 minutes so the skin gets crispy on both sides.
- Remove the pan from the oven, then remove the drumsticks from the pan.
- Add balsamic vinegar, thyme, and orange to the pan, and cook for about 2 minutes until soft. Return the chicken to the pan and toss to coat.