- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal (ground)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup milk (non-fat, or milk substitute of your choosing, such as soy or almond)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups bananas (desired mix-ins: Diced, apples, and/or strawberries; fresh or frozen blueberry or raspberries; dried fruits, chopped if large; nuts; chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a KitchenAid® Nonstick 6-Cavity Muffin Pan or line with paper liners (also spray the liners if using, as the oatmeal cups may stick). Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the rolled oats, flaxseed, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the milk, eggs, Greek yogurt, applesauce, honey, and vanilla extract until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir to combine.
- Divide the oatmeal mixture evenly between the prepared muffin cups, then add in any desired mix-ins by sprinkling them right into the batter.
- Bake the oatmeal cups for 25 to 30 minutes, until the tops spring back lightly when touched and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack.
- *Notes: To freeze, let the oatmeal cups cool completely, then individually wrap in plastic and place in a zip-top bag. To thaw, place the oatmeal cups in the refrigerator overnight, then rewarm in the microwave for 45 to 60 seconds.
PER SERVING *
|Calories160Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.