- 24 mussels (half shell)
- 2 cups Kewpie (Japanese mayonnaise)
- 3 teaspoons Sriracha (hot red chili sauce)
- 2 tablespoons masago (fresh, capelin fish roe)
- 1 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degress. Prepare the mussels and line them on a baking sheet. Using a knife, scrape the mussels from the shells and return. Using a small bowl combine the Kewpie and Sriracha until smooth. Add the masago and stir slowly to distribute it evenly into the sauce.
- Place the mussels in the oven for about 10 to 15 minutes or till golden brown. Remove from the oven. The mussels is done when the sauce solidifies and is not runny. Sprinkle with panko, if desired. Serve hot.