This simple recipe for baked monkfish comes together in about 40 minutes and only requires 6 ingredients. The fish is lightly seasoned with olive oil, salt, and pepper. After being baked it is then drizzled with a garlic and cayenne pepper oil and topped with crispy fried garlic. This recipe is a great for busy nights when you don't have a lot of time to cook. Pair it with a grain and some roasted vegetables for a well balanced and healthy meal.
- 1 monkfish (2 kg weight, filleted with all gray parts removed, you can substitute cod, halibut, or haddock)
- ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 1 garlic clove (sliced)
- 1 cayenne pepper (whole)
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Place the fish on a baking tray. Salt and pepper to taste and drizzle with olive oil. Bake 20 minutes.
- Separately, heat up a good splash of olive oil and fry the sliced garlic clove and whole cayenne pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Plate the fish with the garlic pepper oil drizzled on top.