- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 slices bacon (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 18 ounces tomato & basil pasta sauce
- 1 cup beef stock
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- 13 1/4 ounces macaroni
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 1/2 ounces parmesan cheese (grated)
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Heat oil in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Add bacon and cook for 5 mins, or until browned. Add 1 clove garlic and cook for 1 min, or until fragrant. Set bacon and garlic aside. Drain on paper towels.
- Increase heat to high. Brown ground beef for 5 mins. Add remaining garlic and cook for 1 min, or until fragrant. Add pasta sauce and stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 mins, or until thickened slightly. Add 2 tbsp parsley. Season.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling salted water for 8 mins, or until almost tender. Drain.
- Melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and cook for 1 min. Gradually whisk in milk then cook until mixture boils and thickens. Add 1/2 the cheeses and stir until melted. Toss with pasta and bacon.
- Transfer 1/2 bolognese mixture to a large baking dish. Top with 1/2 pasta mixture. Repeat. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and place on a baking tray. Bake for 12-15 mins, or until browned. Serve sprinkled with remaining parsley.
|Calories870Calories from Fat400|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat400|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.