- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (plus more for dusting)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter (cut into small pieces)
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- confectioners sugar (to dust)
- lemon (Thinly sliced, to serve)
- whipped cream (Lightly, to serve)
- 1 2/3 cups ricotta
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 lemons (zested and juiced)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- For the tart shell: Place the flour, sugar and butter in a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolks and vanilla extract and process until a dough forms. Turn out onto a floured work surface and knead into a smooth ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 mins.
- Grease a 10-inch loose-bottomed flan or tart pan, then roll out the dough into a circle that is large enough to line the base and sides of the pan. Trim the edges, prick the base with a fork and chill.
- To make the ricotta filling, use an electric mixer with a paddle attachment or twin beaters to beat the ricotta until softened. Next, gradually beat in the sugar, until the mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in the lemon zest, then the eggs, one at a time, to prevent curdling. Beat in a pinch of salt, lemon juice, and the vanilla extract until smooth and well blended.
- Pour the ricotta mixture into the prepared tart shell and bake for 15 mins. Reduce the heat to 375°F and bake for another 35 mins, until the tart shell is cooked and the filling is golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Top with the lemon slices, dust with confectioners' sugar and serve with lightly whipped cream.
PER SERVING *
|Calories310Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.