These addictive sweet potato chips are spiced with cumin and chipotle chile powder. They come out of the oven crispy, chewy and tender!
- 2 sweet potatoes (medium, 6”x 2”/approx. 1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons oil (such as safflower or canola, divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chipotles in adobo (minced, canned Zest of ½ lime)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Trim the ends off potatoes and cut (if necessary) to fit spiralizer attachment. Use the spiral slice blade (small core) and peeling blade to make potato spirals. Cut spirals into individual rounds by cutting through one side of the spiral. Soak
- potatoes in a bowl of cold water for 1 hour to remove some starch. Drain and rinse the potato rounds and spread out on a clean kitchen towel. Pat the tops dry with another towel.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Arrange two oven racks to the bottom and upper thirds of the oven. Drizzle a teaspoon of oil onto each of two large baking sheets. Rub the oil around with a paper towel. Place baking sheets in oven to preheat.
- In a small bowl, mix together cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Add the potato rounds to a large bowl. Drizzle the potatoes with 2 tablespoons oil and sprinkle with the spice mixture. Toss to coat evenly. Carefully remove one of the preheated baking sheets and arrange half of the potato rounds, making sure they are flat and not touching. Return pan to oven and repeat with the other baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotating the pans once while cooking. Remove and use a thin metal spatula to flip all the chips. Bake for another 8-‐10 minutes rotating the pans once while cooking. Remove when they are starting to get dark brown.
- While the potatoes are cooking, combine all aioli ingredients in bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serve the chips with the aioli.