Give your ham an Asian twist. Serve with Gingered Snow Peas or Sesame Cucumbers, along with your family favorite side dishes.
- 6 pounds smoked ham (fully-cooked boneless)
- 15 ounces plums (purple, packed in heavy syrup, drained, pitted and pureed)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple (packed in juice, undrained)
- 1/4 cup green onion (sliced)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root (grated)
- 1 clove garlic (minced, 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/8 teaspoon spice (Chinese five-)
- Score ham by making diagonal cuts in a diamond pattern. Place ham on rack in shallow roasting pan. Bake in preheated oven at 325 degrees F. for 1 hour, 30 minutes to 1 hour, 45 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 140 degrees F.
- Meanwhile combine remaining ingredients in medium saucepan. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Cook and stir for 2 minute longer. Remove from heat.
- Brush ham with sauce every 15 minutes during last 30 minutes of baking.
- Remove to serving platter and tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes. Brush with sauce. Carve and serve with remaining sauce.
- If desired, garnish with green onion flowers, wedges of fresh plums and unpeeled pineapple.