Baked Ham and CheeseAs receitas lá de casa
How to make grilled cheese for a crowd: Layer buttered sliced bread in a large baking sheet with ham and cheese and more bread on top to cover, and repeat. Bathe the whole thing with milk whisked with eggs and seasoned with pepper and tuck into a hot oven to get all toasty and melty and indescribably delectable. It makes a perfect dish to serve to friends at brunch, or even a family supper on a busy weeknight.
- 1 loaf bread
- 250 grams ham
- 250 grams cheese
- 1/4 liter milk
- 2 eggs
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F.
- 2Grease and flour a rectangular or square baking dish.
- 3Add a layer of buttered bread to the dish, cover with a layer of ham and cheese, and cover with another layer of bread.
- 4Keep layering until ingredients have been used.
- 5The final layer should be bread. In a bowl, thoroughly whisk milk with the eggs and season with pepper to taste.
- 6Pour egg mixture over final bread layer.
- 7Bake in preheated oven until eggs are cooked and bread is toasted.