Baked Ham Wrapped Asparagus in Bechamel SauceReceitas Da Felicidade!
What? 390 Calories? That's nothing! You won't believe how delicious this recipe can be for only 390 calories. It is incredible. You make this Baked Ham Wrapped Asparagus in Bechamel Sauce recipe you nightly dinner when you taste it. Let us know your thoughts on this Baked Ham Wrapped Asparagus in Bechamel Sauce recipe by commenting below. You can also give this recipe a star rating for others to follow along. Yum! Can't wait to hear about your night with Baked Ham Wrapped Asparagus in Bechamel Sauce.
- 8 asparagus spears (green, trimmed)
- ham (sliced long and thin)
- cheese (grated)
- melon (slices, as garnish)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1Fully submerge the trimmed asparagus in boiling water and season with salt. Boil for 10 to 12 minutes.
- 2Once the asparagus is tender, remove it and drain any excess water.
- 3Wrap the ham slices around the asparagus, leaving only the tips uncovered. Place them in an oven-safe platter.
- 4For the bechamel sauce, melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Once melted, slowly add the flour and stir until smooth. Cook the mixture over medium heat until it turns a light, sandy brown color, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- 5In a separate pan, heat the milk until it is about to boil. Slowly add the hot milk to the butter and flower mixture, stirring constantly. Bring the mix to a boil and cook for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 6Remove from heat and season with salt and nutmeg to taste.
- 7Pour the bechamel sauce over the ham and asparagus spears, and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- 8Bake the asparagus until the cheesy surface is crispy.
- 9Serve immediately with small slices of melon as a garnish.
PER SERVING *
|Calories390Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.