- 1 Bone-In Ham, Ready-To-Eat (About 14-16 Pounds)
- 4 cups mojo sauce
- 16 cloves
- 4 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (Packed)
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 16 cloves garlic (Thinly Sliced Lengthwise)
- 1 cup onion (Finely Slivered)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups fresh orange juice (From 3 Or 4 Oranges)
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (From 2 Or 3 Limes)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar (To Taste, Salt And Black Pepper)
- 2 papayas (Ripe, About 1 Pound Each)
- 2 plum tomatoes (Ripe, Seeded And Cut Into 1/4-Inch Dice)
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno chile (Seeded And Finely Chopped)
- 1/3 cup red onion (Finely Chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (Or Flat-Leaf Parsley)
- 2 limes (Grated)
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- Prepare Mojo Sauce ahead of time. Set aside 2 cups of the sauce for serving.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place ham in shallow roasting pan; score a diamond pattern about 1/8-inch thick into the upper surface of the ham. Insert a clove at the crossed points of the diamonds.
- Brush the ham with the mustard and sprinkle it with the brown sugar. Pour 1 cup of the Mojo Sauce over the top. Bake in the center of the heated oven for 2 hours or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest portion (not touching bone) registers 140°F (about 15-18 minutes per pound), basting every 20-30 minutes, alternating with 1/4 cup each white wine and remaining Mojo Sauce.
- Transfer ham to platter. Let stand 15 minutes; slice and serve with the reserved 2 cups of Mojo Sauce and Papaya Salsa.
- In a medium bowl, combine garlic, onion, cumin, and salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add the onion mixture and cook, stirring, until softened, about 10 minutes. Add the orange juice, lime juice and vinegar and cook another 5 minutes for the flavors to blend. Cool to room temperature.
- Peel and seed the papaya and cut it into 1/4-inch dice. Place in a medium-size bowl. Gently fold the tomatoes, jalapeño, red onion, cilantro and lime zest into the papaya. Toss in the lime juice. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to use, no longer than 4 hours.