Baked Hake with Garden HerbsAs receitas lá de casa
In this recipe, the fish is cooked first on the stove to cook through, so you can then flake it with a fork, breaking it up in preparation for incorporating into a gratin along with potatoes and bechamel sauce. You can use frozen french fries and a package mix for the bechamel (or a ready made one from a bottle, should you be lucky enough to find that in a food shop).
- 8 hake medallions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons garden herbs
- 200 grams potatoes (shoestring)
- 1/2 liter Béchamel Sauce
- 1Place the hake medallions in a large saucepan, drizzle with some olive oil and the garden herbs.
- 2Cook for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally with a spoon or fork to break up the fish.
- 3Preheat the oven to 360°F.
- 4In an ovenproof container, combine the shoestring potatoes and Bechamel sauce.
- 5Mix well.
- 6If you're using a packaged sauce, heat the sauce in the oven.
- 7When the fish is cooked, mix it with the potatoes and Bechamel, and bake to a gratin.