Low-carb, low calorie, and 15 minutes are what make this the ideal breakfast. Each bite is layered with salty ham and smooth fluffy egg all covered by a velvety smooth crème fraîche sauce enhanced with your favorite herbs (parsley, chives, or basil). Remember to bake your casserole dishes in a bain-marie, a form of baking that involves the dishes being placed on a baking sheet, surrounded by an inch or two of water. As a final, point garnish with salt and pepper.
- 1 slice ham
- 1 eggs
- fleur de sel
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- fresh parsley
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
- 2. Chop the ham and place it in the bottom of a mini baking dish. Break the egg on top. Season with fleur de sel and pepper.
- 3. In a bowl, mix the cream with the fresh herbs (if using) and pour the mixture over the egg.
- 4. Cover the mini baking dish and bake in a water bath for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 5. Remove from the oven and serve hot.