- 14 ounces french bread (sourdough bread, or challah1)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (brick-style, softened to room temperature2)
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar (don't leave it out, trust me)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract (divided)
- 8 Eggland's Best eggs (large)
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour ( , spoon & leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (cold and cubed)
- maple syrup
- confectioners sugar
PER SERVING *
|Calories370Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Amy W. 13 Aug
Awesome recipe! I made for a brunch with my in/laws and they loved it. I used a sour dough loaf. I thought it may be too dense with the sour dough but it turned out delicious. I served it with cut up strawberries and blueberries on the side. A definite remake.
Amanda 21 Nov 2017
So delicious. I️ did not modify at all. Cooked 1 hr and 10 minutes since I️ let it sit all night. Topped with maple syrup. It was so the perfect breakfast treat.
Zakiya D. 4 Jul 2017
My family loves it! I didn't include the streusel topping as it was already so sweet.
Kanjulibflip 16 Apr 2017
So delicious! Crowd favorite!! Would make again for sure! I usually keep it for special occasions, Christmas, Easter, etc.
Sheila S. 5 Apr 2017
So over the top delicious! Great treat for a special Sunday morning--Why wait for Christmas? Easy to put together and I liked baking it in morning. 5 STARS!!!!
Jeff 26 Dec 2016
Made this for our Christmas brunch and everyone enjoyed it. Not much leftover, but it was still just as good the next day after warming in the microwave. We did drizzle the topping with some maple syrup and added several fresh blueberries.
Perry Rodriguez 8 Nov 2016
Pretty good. I had a little trouble with the crumble; it didn't, but it came out fine regardless. I'll modify it the next time I make it.