- 4 large potatoes
- 400 grams olive oil
- 50 grams breadcrumbs
- 4 pieces cod (ready to cook)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 onions
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 slices bacon
- 100 grams dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 200°C (approximately 400°F.
- Peel potatoes and cut into thick slices.
- Place potato slices in a glass baking dish and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 35 minutes. Baste occasionally with olive oil from pan.
- Remove baking dish from oven, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and return to oven for 3 additional minutes.
- Cut potatoes in large pieces and season with freshly ground pepper.
- Let rest for 20 minutes.
- Place quartered onion, cubed pepper, and sliced garlic in a baking sheet.
- Drizzle vegetables with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Place cod on top of vegetables.
- Top cod with bacon slices.
- Drizzle with remaining olive oil and half of the wine.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180°C (approximately 350°F) for about 35 minutes
- During cooking, baste with remaining wine and sauce from the baking dish.
- Serve with potatoes and a colorful salad.