Baked Codfish with Crushed Chickpeas and a Touch of ChristmasO MEU TEMPERO
A cake ring makes it easy to arrange all the different components of this flavorful dish in elegant towers, which would be lovely when served at a holiday dinner party or other special occasion. It's a heady mixture of roasted bell pepper, cooked ch…
ckpeas, and baked codfish, plus boiled shredded cabbage and the usual garlic and onion for the aromatic seasonings. Finish each stack with a drizzle of olive oil to serve.
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 can chickpeas (cooked)
- 1 codfish fillet (large)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- olive oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons coriander (chopped)
- 1 cabbage (portuguese, boiled)
- capers (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grill the pepper until the skin is burnt on all sides. Peel the pepper, remove the seeds and cut it into strips.
- Peel the chickpeas.
- Place the bay leaves in a glass baking dish. Place the codfish on top of the bay leaves. Sprinkle 1 minced garlic clove on top of the fish.
- Drizzle the fish with olive oil and bake for 10 to 20 minutes, depending on the size of the fish.
- Break the fish in pieces or flakes, and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat a little olive oil and saute the onion. Add the chickpeas and crush coarsely with a fork. Cook for a few minutes and season with salt and pepper. Add coriander and mix well.
- Cut the boiled cabbage in strips. Saute the cabbage strips in a little olive oil with 1 garlic clove.
- Use a plating ring to assemble the ingredients in the following order: chickpeas, cabbage, codfish, pepper, and capers.
- Finish with a drizzle of olive oil.