- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and halved)
- 2 ounces pecorino cheese (grated)
- 3 red chili peppers (small, deseeded and chopped)
- 4 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves (chopped)
- 8 ounces sun dried tomatoes (drained and chopped)
- 4 ounces pitted black olives
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 pounds starchy potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 3 onions (finely diced)
- 4 tomatoes (sliced)
- 4 cod fillets
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400°F. For the pesto, toast the pine nuts in a small pan without oil for 2-3 mins until golden then remove from pan. Place pine nuts, garlic, Pecorino, chili pepper, thyme, sun-dried tomatoes and olives in a food processor and pulse until chopped but not smooth. Mix in 1/3 cup olive oil and season lightly.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water for 15-20 mins, until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil in a frying pan, add the onions and cook 1-2 mins. Remove from the heat and stir in 5 tbsp pesto. Arrange the tomato slices in a baking dish and place the fish on top. Season, then drizzle with the onion pesto mixture. Arrange the basil leaves on top and bake 18-20 mins.
- Drain potatoes then return to the pan, season and mash until smooth. Stir in buttermilk, butter and nutmeg. Divide mashed potatoes and cod between 4 plates and top with pesto to serve.
|Calories760Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.