- 2 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 cup cheese (shredded Italian 5, or parmesan)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red pepper flake
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 16 ounces tomato sauce (can no salt added)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- First you’re going to want to trim the fat off the chicken and I also pounded them out to make them about 1/2in thick. (This will help them cook more evenly)
- Combine all the breading ingredients into a food processor and pulse until fine and well combined. Set to the side.
- To make the sauce you’re going to add the oil, garlic, red pepper flake, and oregano to a saucepan and turn on heat to about medium. Sauté for about 45 seconds (you don’t want to burn the garlic) and then add the tomato sauce stir to combine. Turn down heat to low; you just want to heat up the sauce not to boil it.
- . Meanwhile you want to melt the butter in the microwave for about 10 seconds. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. You will now set up an assembly line starting with the plate of chicken, butter, breading, and then your baking sheet. So you will brush a little bit of butter on each side of the chicken and then dip into the breading mixture and press it on each side and place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken. Spray top of chicken with cooking spray and place in oven for about 15-20 min depending on the thickness.
- Take out of oven and flip over, put back in oven for another 5 minutes. Once that is done you will take it out and spread a tbsp. of the sauce on top of each piece of chicken and follow with another tbsp. of cheese. Pop it back in the oven for another 5 minutes.
PER SERVING *
|Calories340Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.