Marinating the chicken legs overnight will yield the best flavor and also ensure the chicken stays tender and juicy when cooked. Here the marinade is made with lemon, parsley, dill, garlic, pepper, and white wine, plus olive oil and tomato paste (wh…
ch by the way is an excellent source of umami). Save some of the marinade for basting the chicken as it cooks (or you would need to boil the marinade that was used on the chicken to make it safe to eat).
- 10 chicken legs (medium-sized)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 teaspoon sweet pepper
- 2 garlic cloves (squeezed)
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Salt and pepper the chicken legs
- In a bowl, mix all the remaining ingredients.
- Season the chicken with the mixed ingredients.
- If possible, marinate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until the chicken legs are golden brown.
- Periodically throughout baking, baste the chicken legs with the marinade.
- Serve hot with rice and a lettuce salad, as desired.