- 3/4 cup butter (softened and divided)
- 1/3 cup shallots (peeled and chopped)
- 1/3 cup celery (chopped)
- 1/3 cup fennel (trimmed and chopped)
- 1 ounce mushrooms (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 5 slices toast (crusts removed and cubed)
- 2 medium eggs (beaten)
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese (diced)
- 1 tablespoon basil (fresh chopped)
- 4 cod fillets (large, skinned)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 pound spinach (baby leaf)
- 2/3 pound ravioli (fresh)
- parmesan (shavings, to serve)
- Melt 3 1/2 tbsp of butter in a pan and add the shallots, celery, fennel, mushrooms and thyme. Saute gently for about 10 mins until softened. Stir in the flour and cook for a few seconds then gradually stir in the chicken stock. Simmer gently, stirring occasionally, for about 25 mins until reduced by half.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350°F. Heat the oil in a separate frying pan and toast the cubed bread until crisp. In a bowl, mix the remaining softened butter with the eggs and mozzarella then add the bread and basil. Place the cod fillets in a large ovenproof baking dish and spread the mozzarella mixture on top.
- Bake the fish for 10-15 mins until the fish is cooked through and the top is bubbling and golden. Add the cream and milk to the reduced sauce and simmer gently. Puree in the pan with a stick blender then push through a fine-mesh sieve. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper and return to the pan.
- Return the sauce to the heat and add the spinach and ravioli. Cook for 3-4 mins, until the spinach has wilted and the ravioli is cooked. Divide between 4 plates and top with the cooked fish. Garnish with Parmesan shavings.
|Calories990Calories from Fat620|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat620|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.