- 12 cannelloni (tubes)
- 1 2/3 cups tomato purée
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1 pound ground beef
- 7 ounces ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- Cook cannelloni in boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain then rinse under cold water. Drain again and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 12x8 inch baking dish. Combine tomato purée and stock. Pour 1/2 into prepared dish. Set aside.
- Combine ground beef, ricotta, 1/2 of the Parmesan, olive oil and parsley. Season. Stuff cannelloni with ground beef mixture. Arrange in a single layer in prepared dish. Pour remaining tomato mixture over top. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and bake for 30 mins. Sprinkle oregano leaves over top and cook for another 10 mins, until bubbling and golden. Serve hot.