- 1 egg
- 1 puff pastry sheet (thawed)
- 1 brie (5-inch diameter)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups dried cherries
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup spiced rum
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh squeezed)
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg (freshly)
- Place the Smart Oven+ Baking Stone Attachment in oven. Select STONE BAKE mode and preheat to 425°F.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil and lower heat immediately. Simmer until liquid mixture is reduced and becomes thick and syrupy, about 30 minutes or so.
- Remove pan from heat and let cherry mixture cool to room temperature. Do not refrigerate or the mixture will solidify and not spread onto the brie.
- Unfold the pastry sheet and lay on top of floured surface. Sprinkle a small amount of flour on top of the pastry sheet. Roll lightly with rolling pin.
- Cut the brie in half lengthwise through the center so you have two discs. Place cut side up on the pastry sheet. Spread the desired amount of Dried Cherry Compote over the top of the cut cheese. Top with remaining cheese disk, cut side down.
- Starting with a corner of the pastry sheet, fold towards the center of the cheese. Continue with the rest of the corners, folding toward the center, including the sides. Once all the pastry is folded into the center, press lightly to seal. Carefully flip the wrapped brie over and place folded side down on a lined sheet tray.
- Whisk egg with 1 teaspoon cold water. Brush the top and sides of the pastry with egg wash. Slide brie onto the preheated Baking Stone in the oven. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven by sliding the parchment paper back onto the sheet tray. Place brie on serving platter. Let cool 5 minutes and serve with crackers.