- 1 kilogram ribs
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (ripe, chopped)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sausage (smoked meat, sliced)
- 2 kale (heart, chopped)
- 2 carrots (sliced)
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 pork sausage (smoked, whole)
- 3 cans red beans (baked)
- Cook ribs in pressure cooker for about 15 minutes after reaching boiling point, according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan and sauté onion, garlic, tomatoes, bay leaf and sliced sausage.
- Add kale, carrots and about 1 1/2 cups water.
- When mixture starts to boil, add tomato paste, chili paste and cilantro.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked ribs and whole pork sausage.
- Cook for about 15 additional minutes.
- Add cooked beans.
- Cut pork sausage into slices and return to pan.
- Serve hot.