Bring all of the flavors of the west to your backyard party. Baked beans are a barbecue essential. Whether you are throwing a summer bbq or having friends over to watch a game, these baked beans are a must. Featuring plenty of bacon, these baked bea…
s are flavored to perfection in a sweet and smoky barbecue sauce. Leave plenty of time for baking, as these beans require 3 hours in the oven with the occasional stir.
- 250 grams pancetta (smoked, cubed, or bacon)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (diced)
- 500 grams small red beans
- 200 milliliters coffee (strong)
- 50 grams brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 130 milliliters barbeque sauce
- hot sauce (optional)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 liter water
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Add the pancetta to an oven-safe pot and fry it for 5 minutes until it starts to render its fat.
- Add the chopped onion to the same pot and saute until softened.
- Then add the garlic, beans, coffee, sugar, mustard, 130 milliliters of barbeque sauce, a few drops of hot sauce (optional), salt, and water.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and transfer to the oven.
- Bake for 3 hours, stirring once an hour. Then remove the lid and bake another hour so the sauce thickens.
- Add the final tablespoon of barbeque sauce and the ground black pepper before serving.
|Calories440Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.